Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
As promised in my earlier post about the newly launched lakme skin gloss overnight mask, I am back with the review of this reflection serum from the same skin gloss range which I was trying out for the last 2-3 weeks. I have a sensitive combination skin which tends to get swathed in oil in summer. We were having a dry summer this year so I had this bright idea of trying out the products from this new range. Lets review it and see if this serum worked to change my skin or not.
Lakme Claims: Just a few drops of Lakmé Skin Gloss Reflection Serum are enough to do the magic. Accentuate your skin’s natural shine to get a stunning glossy look and keep the moisture intact. Leave your skin feeling radiant and nourished.
- An aqueous veil with mineral laden glacial water
- Hydrates to make skin look shiny
- Moisture coats your skin with gloss
The serum from this range too, comes in the familiar lakme serum packaging of a sturdy secure lock-pump serum in sexy black and icy blue which is both easy to use and carry around in your bag. And in spite of a lot of negative reports my lock-pump is still working fine, thank god!
The texture is oh-so cool and lovely, very runny and thin, not at all heavy/greasy/sticky and spreads on my face like an absolute dream..kind of like applying a splash of cool water really. It leaves my face soft, smooth and glowing and I cant stop touching my face.
The serum is a colorless runny gel and does not make my skin feel oily at all when applied on its own after my cleanser-toner routine. It leaves my skin very refreshed and cool and I wake up to soft glowing skin the next day.
However, now to the tragic part. In a few days, humidity was soon back and I was sweating like a pig and my face was producing enough oil to cook a curry in it. After using this serum, imagine my horror next morning when I woke up to find my face dripping in oil.
Overall, I continued to use it for 2-3 weeks to note any significant change in my skin which I did not notice. It hydrated? Yeahh! Too much for oily skin girls like me actually.
Smell? Same as its sister overnight mask. Mens’ aftershave blehh!
The pros of Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum:
- Sturdy, sleek sexy black and glossy ice-blue packaging
- The texture is so very light and smooth- applies and spreads very easily
- Under normal conditions, I loved it! It hydrated my face properly and I woke up to smooth and soft skin
- Non oily/sticky/heavy.
- Did not break me out.
The cons of Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum:
- Horrible smell!
- Too expensive by drugstore standard
- No change after 2-3 weeks of regular usage
- Starts producing oil in this humid weather.
Price: Rs.899 (ouch)
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
Do I recommend? Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum is a lovely, refreshing, cool runny gel-like serum which feels lovely on application and makes skin soft and bright on drier days though had no noticeable improvement in skin tone/texture in the long run. I have ranted about it but given a decent rating because it didn’t work for me and that’s not its fault seeing that it clearly claims to hydrate for lustrous skin which of course oily ladies do not require. Its definitely for normal-dry skinned beauties..so do check it out for summer!
- Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Polishing Serum
- Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Lip Balm
- Lakme Absolute Color Illusion Nail Polish Fantasy
- Lakme 9 to 5 Mattifying Super Sunscreen SPF 50
- Kareena Kapoor Makeup Look using Lakme Eyeconic White Kohl