Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
Sooo Lakme is out yet again with quite a few more additions both to its skincare range as well as its makeup. Way to go Lakme!! Kitna quick quick aa raha sab! (not complaining at all.. just that am broke) so anyway I went to my nearest counter to check the stuff out and found the new Absolute Skin Gloss range. Instantly loved the skin gloss serum and especially overnight mask whose concept is quite unique here in India and I promptly pounced. Let’s start with the review.
Lakme Claims: Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask: This mineral laden glacial water based Lakmé Skin Gloss Overnight Mask, replenishes and moisturizes your skin to wake you up with a hydrated, glossy skin every morning.
How to use :
1. Squeeze 5-6 drops from the tube on to your palm.
2. Dab entire face with dots of overnight mask.
3. Gently pat until it is completely absorbed.
*This is a leave-on product, do not wash off post product application and leave it on all night.
The new lakme skin gloss range has an amazing color theme with an icy shiny blue accent and screw cap and a glossy black body. Totallly bowled over! The tub though, is the standard cute squat lakme tub in which all their cremes/night cremes come in. Bulky so not a pleasure to carry inspite of being secure enough.
The texture of the mask is amazing, cooling, light, translucent white gel which instantly calms and cools down my skin and plumps up my skin with a burst of moisture which is totally non-sticky or greasy.
My skin drinks it up as if by magic when first applied and immediately feels calm and rested which is awesome in this cruel climate. It definitely is correct in its claim of hydration and plumping up of the skin to give a lustrous healthy look but my skin being extremely mean suddenly started producing filters and buckets of oil and my face started swimming in it so after using this lovely mask for a couple of weeks I sighed and stowed it away for future. Dry skinned ladies will luuurrvvv it!
The smell is umm..not nice..kinda smells like my cousin bro’s axe deo or my dad’s aftershave. Not a very good move Lakme!
Swatches in natural light
The pros of Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask:
- Lovely black and icy blue color themed cute tubs which come with a good screw cap
- Awesome, light, cooling, soothing gel like texture which glides and sinks instantly in skin
- Does satisfy claims of hydrating and brings luster in a good way to my face not in an oily way
- Non-heavy, non-oily, non-sticky.
- Dry skinned and normal skinned ladies will totally fall for this
The cons of Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask:
- Clumsy tub packaging.
- Awful male scent
- Too oily for oily skin girls like me in typical hot humid summers.
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
Do I recommend? Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask is for ladies with dull, parched skin. Lakme does answer your prayers what with impressive ingredients like mineral laden glacial water and etc and yeah it does manage to deliver quite well. It plumps up skin, is very soothing and cool, non-oily as well so it will rock the worlds of those targeted ladies am so sure. I did pick up the serum as well in case you are wondering and yesshh review will be up supeerr soon!
- Lakme Clean Up Fresh Fairness Face Scrub Review
- Lakme Clean Up Face Mask Nourishing Glow Review
- Review Lakme Perfect Radiance Polishing Serum
- Lakme 9 to 5 Mattifying Super Sunscreen Review
- Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Light Creme Review
- Lakme Complexion Care CC Cream Review