Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Cream Review
By Contributor: Mamta
Looks like Lakme is all geared up these days with so many new launches in skincare especially. Long time back I used to really enjoy their peach milk moisturizer, so when I saw this new skin gloss launch from lakme with all these amazing claims I was very excited and promptly got this gel creme. I like this concept of gel creme, it is moisturizing but not too heavy on skin as well. It’s meant to be used daily on face as a day cream although you can use it at night as well. Let’s review and see how good this one is.
- A light glaze with mineral laden glacial water
- Hydrates to make skin look radiant
- Moisture coats your skin with gloss
The Skin Gloss range includes:
The black glossy tub comes with an icy blue twist up cap, very impressive packaging .The tub came housed in a big box and surprisingly all the ingredients were mentioned which is so unlike Lakme. The tub is standard size and I recently carried it along me on a short trip without having any problems. The gel creme is icy blue colored and has a very pleasing sight , it has light and smooth gel like texture. It gives an instant cooling sensation upon application which feels so good in this hot weather. It has a musky fragrance which is slightly masculine but thankfully I do not smell it after a minuet of applying it.
My skin drinks it up immediately, and it feels super smooth and soft, without feeling heavy, oily or sticky. But mind you it feels greasy if gone overboard, so make sure to apply little quantity. There was little glossy or rather glowy effect on my combination skin, but definitely not as much lakme claims. It provides an excellent base for makeup as well as it makes blending very easy. But my combination skin gets very oily and shiny few hours after applying it, so this is clearly not for people with oily skin. I feel it will be good for people who are blessed with normal to dry skin.
I have been using it consistently for the past few days but did not notice any noticeable changes like lakme claims, my skin does not feel more hydrated or soft on its own, and it feels that way only when I apply it. So once again it turned out to be very average product for me. Besides from that it contains loads of chemicals as well.
What I like about Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme:
- Unique and very attractive packaging
- Great lightweight and smooth texture which gets absorbed instantly
- Did not feel oily and heavy on skin
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin instantly giving a slight glow
- Makes a great and smooth base for makeup
What I don’t like about Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme:
- Weird musky fragrance
- Will be too heavy and oily for girls with oily skin
- Makes my skin all greasy and oily after 3-4 hours
- I did not see any noticeable changes in my skin’s texture as it claims
Price: Rs 399
VNA Rating: 3/5
Do I recommend? Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme is an okay moisturizer. Honestly there is nothing very unique about this one. As I did not see any noticeable changes in the texture of my skin and such a long list of chemicals scars me. Although if you have normal to dry skin then you can definitely give it a try.
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliners
- Clarins Instant Smooth Mousse Foundation Golden Beige Review
- Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Review
- My Envy Box May Edition 2014
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Lip Balm
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Velvet 02 Frambourjoise Review