Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner Brick Rose Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Agnirupa
As far as the relation between me and lip pencils go, it’s a pretty distant relation. We do not really need each other! But well yeah sometimes I have kind of felt the need of a nice, smooth nude/mlbb lip pencil which can be used to fill lips as well as to tone down other bright lipsticks when they can be a bit too much..and so when I found great reviews and swatches about these newly launched lakme 9-5 pencils I wasted no time in picking up a pretty browny nude- Brick Rose.
Lakme Claims: The Lakme Nine to Five Lip Liner gives you definition with a long lasting formula which sits on your lips through your day at work with no touch-ups. With its super gliding, never felt before satiny finish it feels beautiful on your pout. The perfect shades that work for work are easy to blend and have excellent color pay off. Its the key first step to perfect lips.
Shades available: Beige Pink, Board Brown, Pink Blush, Red Alert
How to apply:
step 1: Line your lips starting in center of your upper lip
Step 2: Work from the center to outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth
Step 3: Follow the same technique for your bottom lip
To extend the wear of your favorite lipstick or lip gloss, first fill in your lips completely with lip liner
The lip pencil comes in a regular rose-gold *typical of the 9 to 5 lipstick range* pencil packaging with a nice tight cap and color coded end with the name written properly.
The texture is omg amazing and smooth and if you try to swatch too hard it will crumble instantly! So a softer touch would be a better approach for the first time till you get used to the fact that lakme can make lip pencils as soft as mac. It applies so easily, softly, no tugging and no drying of lips!
The pigmentation is truly a single stroke opaque one and you need hardly a couple of swipes to cover any sort of lip pigmentation. Must say I am soo very impressed! The color is a true nude pink mixed with brown in a warm/yellow base, thus ensuring that all complexions can use and carry it off beautifully! On my lips its almost a mlbb color which looks quite pretty when topped off with any clear gloss J on its own too, it works beautifully in toning down bright lipsticks
Staying power is quite good by itself and lasts easily for 3-4 hours. It increases the longevity of other lipsticks as well. No fragrance or taste!
Swatches in natural light
Here is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches
With clear gloss on top
Lip swatches with clear lip gloss on it
The pros of Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner Brick Rose:
- Slim, rose-gold pencil packaging with colored end for easy differentiation
- Awesome creamy, smooth and buttery soft texture which applies easily without tugging even in winter
- Does not dry out lips.
- Lovely nude rosy brown with a yellow base, ensuring all complexions can love and make proper use of it
- 1 stroke opaque pigmentation, covers lip pigmentations easily!
- Stays quite easily for 3-4 hours by itself.
The cons of Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner Brick Rose:
- Applying too much pressure while wearing it may result in its breakage. So better be careful.
Price: Rs. 375
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
Do I recommend? Yesss absolutely. Me being not at all a Lakme person was completely blown away by its soft texture, creamy and easy application, no drying out of lips, a lovely mlbb type shade and quite economical if I might remind you that their new foundation costs 1200. Do try out this range. Highly recommended!
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick Tea Break Swatches and Review
- Which Lipstick is Kareena Kapoor Wearing?
- NOTD: Lakme 9 to 5 Long Wear Nail Color Rosey Monday
- Lakme Aquashine Lipcolor Old Rose Review
- Lakme 9-to-5 Lipstick Coffee Command Swatches, Review
- Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Coral Care Swatches, Review