Wearable Kylie Jenner Matte Makeup Look for Indian skin with Products Used
The other day I went to a salon to get my hair done and this girl comes to me and says “have you done your makeup yourself? Its so on fleek and natural” Haa! The happiness! That’s when I started thinking about the changes I have slowly incorporated in my makeup routine to get there. And that’s when I thought of putting up this makeup look together for you. I’m a big time fan of Kylie Jenner makeup and no I don’t judge anybody by the amount of lip injections they use. To each his own. But I try to recreate something similar: flawless base, full eyebrows, neutral eyes and matte lipsticks. And it works every.single.time. Thanks Kylie!
The only advice I can give the makeup beginners is to keep it light. Less is more when it comes to makeup. And pay more attention to the base. And keep evertything matte! It looks beautiful in real and also in photos. In this look I switched the standard warm pink/plum/nude brown/taupe lipsticks that Kylie Jenner generally uses with a deep red lipstick because I wanted the entire look to be bohemian and red anyway goes well with black. Let’s start with the look.
Steps to do the neutral everyday makeup look for Indian skin:
- I’ve used L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24H Reno Liquid Foundation in 2 shades Amber + Honey and mixed them together since my shade fluctuates a lot in summers.
- Then I set the foundation with L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24H Reno Powder Foundation in shade Warm Beige.
- Then using an eyebrow kit I slightly filled in my eyebrows. Uzma did a round up of some of the top selling eyebrow kits on VNA recently which you can check.
- I wanted to keep my eye makeup neutral so used a dark brown in the crease, a rose nude on the lids and light brown above the crease to smoke out.
- Then I used a kajal and smudged it on my lower lash line and tightlined my upper line.
- For the mascara I used L’Oreal Paris Volume Million lashes mascara which is my go to mascara.
- For the face I used a natural apricot blush to slightly add some warmth to the cheeks. And added a subtle highlight on the highpoints of my cheekbones, forehead, nose, cupid’s bow and chin.
- For the lipstick I had planned on using the L’Oreal Paris lipstick in shade Arabian Nights (check here for my FOTDs with it) but couldn’t find it so went ahead with L’Oreal Paris Pure Garnet which I have already written about on VNA.
Excuse the excessive pouting. My normal photos don’t come out that nicely! Plus I don’t know why I was so energetic and dramatic that day. May be its the boho coin necklace I’m wearing! Or maybe because the shoot I did earlier that day for Petite Peeve went well (shameless promotion)
I did not include more pictures of the other matte look I did because they are already up HERE if you want to check out more shots of the makeup + maxi dress. The only change I made was that I replaced the lipstick with a beautiful plum shade. And maybe added some more contour. Thats exactly how I do my makeup these days. But honestly the L’Oreal Paris foundation makes my skin look flawless and a highlighter just adds the required glow. I’m contemplating starting a youtube channel. But I’m not sure. Do you want me to go ahead with the idea? Let me know.