Welcome to VNA! We would love to have you on board. Here is all the information you need before you start writing for us.
Article Copyrights, Terms and Conditions:
We would be holding the copyrights of the articles sent by you. You are not to reproduce or re-sell the article in any form either online or offline. Please do not send us copied articles from the internet. If you are a blogger or write for websites then you need to inform us before. Please do remember that we would use your full complete name in the article and not an alias.
We do not entertain the following:
- Sending content copied from the internet. If you are writing a general beauty article with images used from the internet, please provide us the source of the images.
- Writing on other websites on similar topics. Not even if you change the text or photos.
- Sending us posts with grammatical errors, sms language, or bad editing. We edit our articles but editing for an article is the responsibility of its author.
- Behaving rudely with any member of the VNA team.
How to send an article:
- Please send your articles only at this email ID: careers(at)vanitynoapologies(dot)com
- Send your first post in MS word. After your first article is approved, we will teach you how to upload it.
Things that will get you terminated:
- Plagiarism. We have a no tolerance policy against copied posts.
- Unedited posts with missing details like mentioned below.
Here is how you will upload the posts:
1. login your account
2. Write the text
3. Add media
4. Submit for approval
How to write:
1. Firstly we would like you to read a few such posts on VNA to have a better understanding of the format to be followed. See this: http://vanitynoapologies.com/top-20-best-bridal-nail-art-designs-gallery-brides-to-be/
2. Start with an introduction on the topic and then move to the list. Similarly add a conclusion. Please make sure the count is atleast 2000 words.
3. Add all the list images along with the main image. Make sure all the images are named exactly like the post title. For ex: top-20-tattoos-for-legs(1)
4. Add image sources at the end of the post like this post here: http://vanitynoapologies.com/top-10-kareena-kapoor-eye-makeup-looks-ideas-tutorials/
Here is the image editing process:
1. Crop: Use any relevant photo as the main image or you can make a collage of
all the images as your main photo. Crop it to 698*548.
2. Crop the other list images lesser than 500px
3. Compress: Now go to compressjpg.com and upload all the pics there.
4. Click on the thumbnail on each image and reduce the size to around 10-20kb for each list image. If it can go further down without much change
in quality then bring it further down. The main image can be kept around 50kb.
5. Download all as a zip and extract.
6. Rename all of them after this step. If the title is top 10 red lipsticks in India then
rename as top-10-red-lipsticks-in-india-list-reviews-price(1), top-10-red-lipsticks-in-india-list-reviews-price(2)..and so on.
Softwares we recommend: You are free to use any software as long as the result is the same. But for those who ask:
- we use picassa for collages
- paint for cropping and adding a caption on the collage
- compressjpg.com for compressing.
Difference between cropping and compressing:
- Cropping an image is also called resizing. This step deals with the pixels. Basically you decrase the width and height while cropping. Say you crop out a 800px wide image to 500px by cropping. On VNA, you keep the main image to 698px (698*548px). And crop other list images to less than 500px.
2. Now when you compress them at compressjpg.com, you deal with the image size i.e kbs. Cropping out images decrease their sizes but not as much you would like it to. While compressing, you bring down the size to around 50kb for main image and around 10-20kb for list images.
All these steps are very important for page load speed. You can use any software you are comfortable with, the final result should look polished and web optimized in terms of both size and pixels.
Be proud of your content and share it. Active participation in the comments and social
media interactions are expected. The team would love to know you more.