Faces Ultime Pro Gel Waterproof Mascara Review
What the deal with this “Ultime” thingy. Is it really a word? or just a stupid cousin of “ultimate”? Seriously the marketing gurus are onsessed with this word and somehow insist its related to beauty and we don’t even know what it means. Kerastase has this Ultime range, there is a spa chain under this name, a beauty website assuring its “your ultime place to be” and now its our desi brand giving us “ultime pro” makeup
And that is what we are going to talk about today. The Faces Ultime Pro Gel Waterproof mascara. I’m not in a mood to write long paragraphs so let’s go bulleting today!
The good things about this “ultime” mascara:
- The wand of the mascara is think and sleek and that makes it reach easily in the inner corner of my eyes. You can also use it on lower lashes without making them look scary and ghastly long.
- The wand has got these spikes which separates your lashes (but only the first time).
- The colour is blackest black, me likey!
- It does make your lashes look a bit long and curly. Not excessively long, but decent enough.
- Its totally smudge and waterproof (see the last pic).
Things that make me think otherwise about the mascara:
- It clumps MADLY. You are good to go if you are applying just one coat. But as soon as you apply another coat, your lashes start sticking together and looking spidery.
- To worsen the things, it dries super fast. I know I should have listed this is a plus point but this mascara is very good at clumping. So before you take out your mascara comb and get to the lashes to separate the clumps, it has already dried. And now you are left with even more clumps!
- Doesn’t really deserve the high price tag.
So basically you can’t apply more than one coat of this. If you want those super long and curly lashes, it can’t give you that because you can’t just keep applying it! I know I’m getting mad now but…whatever.
Look at the photos and eye swatches:
Now here it is on my eyes. It makes me them a little long.
And now you can see the clumping from the side angle
Here is the water proof test. Yes it passed.
So is it for you? Something I won’t recommend since there are better options available at far lesser price. But if you are looking for a mascara which gives you natural long lashes, nothing too dramatic then you can go ahead. And its good for the monsoons because its waterproof.
If you notice its the first time I’ve rated a product. Giving ratings is always a stressful experience. Like some reader will keep me at the gun point and say “You gave that thing 3.865 but it deserved just 3.845…you bitch!“. But now I’m really thinking of giving this a go. What do you think? And should it be a numerical rating or should I give grades like A for excellent and D for epic fail?
Product sent by the brand