Estee Lauder Modern Muse Perfume Review
When you are a kid you don’t really get what a muse is. You think it has something to do with either Madhuri Dixit or cool punk guys with guitars on stage. When you graduate to novels from comics, you think it has something to do with the nine daughters of Zeus (yep courtesy my Percy Jackson addiction). I still don’t get what it takes to be a muse for somebody but Arizona Muse must have nailed it who is the cover girl for the Modern Muse EDP by Estee Lauder which I will review today.
Estee Lauder Claims: Estée Lauder unveils Modern Muse, a new fragrance that is inspired by the intriguing duality of today’s woman and complements every aspect of her dynamic life. This fragrance captures the essence of a Modern Muse with a Lush Floral Woody scent, a true statement in modern luxury that conveys confidence, style and creativity with a modern, youthful attitude.
A New Concept in Fragrance
Composed of subtle contrasts and bold contradictions, Modern Muse reveals layers of strength and softness in an appealing creative tension. Its innovative “dual-impression” structure invites women to connect with the fragrance through two contrasting aspects:
- Sparkling Jasmine Accord: This facet of the fragrance captures the creative energy and magnetic femininity of a modern woman. Exotic Mandarin and tempting Honeysuckle Nectar send a spark of energy through a youthful sensation of Dewy Petals. Two extractions of Jasmine Sambac, including one new to the perfumery palette, Jasmine Sambac China Absolute, bring luminous texture to the feminine bouquet of rich Tuberose Fleur and Fresh Lily.
- Sleek Woods Accord: Her sleek style, strength and sensuality are expressed through this innovative blend of two Patchouli essences wrapped in the creaminess of Madagascar Vanilla, rich Amber Wood and soft Musk – all of which craft an undeniably sensual finish.
Modern Muse comes in a beige pink bottle with a cute bow sitting on top. Packaging wise its quite girly. The outer box comes with a satin bow which makes for a thoughtful gift idea for girls who are bow addicts..I know many! Although it doesn’t come with a cap so you might not be able to travel with it.
The scent is very fresh and light. Feminine is how I describe it. The top notes of mandarin fade away in sometime to reveal the honeysuckle and jasmine notes which is what I love about Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau De Parfum. Jasmine is one of my favourite fragrances and I love how it smells..not too sweet..not too strong. After settling a bit, I can smell the vanilla and musky tones.
If strong perfumes give you a headache, then you would enjoy Estee Lauder Modern Muse. Its quite subtle, like one of those scents which people smell on you when you hug them or…haha!! That makes it quite romantic if you know what I mean. I can’t categorize it into a day or night scent because its light enough to be worn during the day and feminine and classy enough for the evening. I’m enjoying wearing this one. Very rarely a fragrance gets on my repurchase list and this is one of them.
It doesn’t last long on me. I can barely sniff it on me after 4hours which I think is the only con.
Price: Rs 5900 for 50 ml, Rs 7900 for 100ml
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
So is it for you? Estee Lauder Modern Muse is one of those light, fresh, floral and classy fragrances which you can wear day and night. Perfumes are personal and what you pick from them depends on your skin chemistry, I pick up the honeysuckle, jasmine, vanilla and musky tones as the day progresses. A very safe choice for those who are quite picky about their scents.
PS – A guy once sketched a portrait of me. Does it make me a muse?
- Best Summer Fragrances 2014
- Best Chanel Perfumes 2014
- Chanel No.5 Perfume for Women
- Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci EDP Review
- Lancome Miracle So Magic! Perfume Review
- Chanel Chance EDT Review