DIY Bridal Haldi Besan Ubtan Recipe
Who says you can do the haldi besan thing only when you get married?! I was bored yesterday…..and we were planning to go out in the evening to watch Bhag Milkha Bhag (which didn’t happen) but all I wanted was an excuse to wear a face mask. But I wonder if this pre-wedding ubtan does anything for the Indian brides. I remember my bua whispering into my cousin’s ears on her haldi ceremony “jaldi se jaa ke dho lena warna wo diamond facial kharab ho jaega“. Really? Have haldi ubtans lost their charm?
Also some people argue that the turmeric in it stains their face and make them look too yellow. Well as a little girl I was once preparing
People keep the haldi to just a pinch or two, not more than that. But since this wasn’t a haldi ceremony I skipped a lot of ingredients and thus I’m presenting you my not-so-heavy-duty haldi besan ubtan.
Home Made Haldi Ubtan Steps:
1. Take 2tbsp gram flour (besan). Go more f you have a gigantic face.
2. Add just a pinch oh haldi. Keep the ratio of haldi to besan as 2:6.
3. Add 4tbsp rose water. Brides use milk but it makes my face oily.
4. Mix everything and your DIY Ubtan is ready!
Now apply a thick layer on your face and watch yet one more episode of Friends (I’m on season 5 btw) but only if you can keep a straight face when Joey says “how you doinnn!”. Wash off after 15-20 mins and voila you just spoiled your expensive spa facial..just kidding!
If you love home made facial masks then also read:
- Mint Facial Home Made Mask
- Anti Ageing home made face mask
- Lakme Clean Up Face Mask
- Aspirin Home Made Face Mask
- Clay Home Made Face Mask
- Strawberry Home Made Face Mask
- Potato Home Made Face Mask
- Himalaya Fairness Face Pack