|DIY Aspirin facial mask recipe|
Aspirin masks have been around for ages. But I never ventured into this unknown territory due to my skin sensitivity. Nothing touches my face without my permit NOTHING!
But curiosity got the better of me and I finally decided to test the waters. Aspirin masks are known to work like magic overnight!
Why the hype around Aspirin Masks?
Aspirin contains salicylic acid or scientifically Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA’s, which are found in many skin creams and work by exfoliating the dull, dead layers of skin, revealing fresh new skin underneath. Over time, BHA’s can help clarify skin tone and promote healing of blemishes. People who care to read the ingredients in their lotions and potions must know how all the acne clearing products contain this particular ingredient.
- Take 2-3 aspirin tablets in a bowl and add about 2tbsp of warm water to the. You can use aloe vera juice or honey instead of water too.
- Let the tablets dissolve completely and make a paste. Use a spoon lightly to quicken the process.
- Now apply the mask on your face. You can also apply it on problem areas instead of the whole face if you have relatively clear skin.
- After 15mins wash off with lukewarm water.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin afterwards because BHAs can be a little drying.
- I suggest using honey or aloe vera instead of plain water to those with dry skin.
Image source: google images