Clinique All About Shadow Quad in Pink Chocolate Review
By Contributor: Mily
I prefer quads to single Eyeshadow. One because they take less space. And second that they are so amazingly coordinated that you don’t need anything else for eye makeup except a kajal maybe. And on top of that if you name the quad as pink chocolate..how can any girl resist buying it? So here I have the Clinique shadow quad pink chocolate for you which houses 4 really pretty shades consisting of pinks, browns and neutral which I will review and swatch today.
Clinique Claims: Palest pink with a shimmering rose, a dark chocolate flecked with silver pearl, and a warm midtone raisin. Wear shades alone or layered together in different combinations. Crease and fade resistant. Ophthalmologist tested for even the most sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Mirrored compact with illustrated how-to plus two sponge-tip applicators. Read more here
How to use:-
- Use sponge-tip applicator to sweep an allover base shade across entire lid, lashline to brow.
- Create dimension with medium-toned shades. Layer and blend colour into the crease and/or along lashlines.
- Deepest shade can be applied as a liner along lashlines using the applicator tip.
- For a more detailed application, choose specialists from Clinique’s Makeup Brush Collection.
- Remove with your favorite Clinique makeup remover.
The All About Eyeshadow quad comes in a very classy packaging which is silver and has an inbuilt mirror and two applicators. The 4 colors include a very pale pink which can be used as an highlighter in the brow bone or inner corners as it would look ghastly if used on the lid on its own. The second shade is a frosty rose pink which is very pretty. It would look good even as an overall wash on the upper lid or as a highlighter. The dark chocolate shade is the best of them all because it’s a shimmery chocolate brown and looks stunning on Indian eyes. It can even be used as a liner. The last shade is a muted brown shade which is particularly useful for me because it’s apt for work. I use it as an overall lid colour with mascara and kajal and I am set for office.
Since I am a believer of no Eyeshadow above the crease, I do not use all these colors at once but use them individually or in combination of two. The eye shadows last for 4-5 hours on my oily lids without primer. The texture and really finely milled and super smooth so blending these eye shadows is a cakewalk!
Swatches in natural light
Pros of Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad Pink Chocolate:
- Contains 4 beautiful colors which are coordinated well
- Texture is super smooth and finely milled
- Contains a mirror and brushes so you can easily use it on the go
- Apt for work
- The pale pink shade is great for highlighting
- Classy packaging
- Eye shadows can be used individually or in any combination so there are endless possibilities
- The dark chocolate shade is great for brown Smokey eyes but you can find great dupes for it
Cons of Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad Pink Chocolate:
- It’s really expensive
- Drugstore dupes are available for almost all shades
VNA Rating: 3/5
Overall: Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad Pink Chocolate is a nice Eyeshadow quad if you own it but not worth it to buy at its price of Rs.1500. If you like me particularly like the dark chocolate colour, I have two dupes for it which I will send to Anshita if you guys want.
- Sleek i-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Review
- MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow Review
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Review
- MAC Phresh Out Eyeshadow Quad Review
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Mint Review
- Inglot Freedom System Rainbow 1353 Review