Review, Price, Uses, Benefits on Acne, Stretch Marks of Bio Oil Specialist Skincare Oil
By Contributor: Agnirupa
As promised earlier, I am back with yet another very hyped and in-demand skincare product review which forayed into Indian market in 2014 and has been making waves since! Seeing the very first ingredient to be liquid paraffin in bio oil I honestly didn’t have any inclination of getting this but a recent reference by a close friend made me pick it up and oh boy! I am late to the party! Lets review our star of today- bio-oil with PurCellin Oil and discuss its benefits on dark circles, marks, acne, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, etc. Also I tell you how I use this magical oil.
Bio Oil Claims: Skincare product infuses skin with rich moisturizers to hydrate and nourish. Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare for Scars, Stretch Marks, Uneven Skin Tone, Aging Skin, Dehydrated Skin can also be used as an after-sun treatment and bath oil. Formulated with PureCellin oil to make product easy for skin to absorb.
How to use: Apply twice daily for a minimum of 3 months. During pregnancy apply twice daily from the start of the second trimester.
Ingredients: Paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), triisononanoin, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl myristate, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, anthemis nobilis flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, calendula officinalis flower extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, BHT, bisabolol, parfum (fragrance)
The packaging of bio oil is very cute and convenient- a sturdy transparent plastic bottle with a white screw-on cap and a small hole to dispense the oil. Since it is just a 60ml bottle, it is very easy to carry around when travelling and doesn’t leak either.
The oil is light orangey in color while inside the bottle but comes out transparent on pouring out. The texture is very light-weight and smooth, almost like a dry oil and is not at all heavy or sticky. I have oily-combination skin and so careful to pour out just 2-3 drops and gently massage it in. It sinks into my skin instantly and disappears without a trace. Just my skin glows but definitely in a healthy radiant way- not the customary frying pan way.
Now coming to the claimed effects- omg its ahmayzing in a way I could not dream of! I have very bad dark circles and I have tried almost every cream I know but nothing changed in the slightest. Enter- bio-oil! I could see a clear difference in my dark circles in 4-5 days. It has definitely changed the texture of my skin to better, faded my acne spots to an extent and greatly improved my dark circles. Me a happy bunny! I am not sure how much I can use bio oil in the humid summer though, but for now, its my integral part of skincare.
The fragrance is very mild herbally, but not at all offensive and fades within moments of application.
The benefits and uses of Bio Oil Body Oil:
- Sturdy and convenient plastic bottle packaging with a screw-on white cap and a hole to dispense the oil. Travel-friendly- does not leak
- Very light, runny texture, thin consistency- not at all sticky or greasy- sinks into skin instantly
- Skin looks plump and radiant instantly without looking/feeling oily
- It worked amazingly on my stubborn dark circles since neither my sleep hours nor diet underwent a change during its use
- It also improved my skin and faded my acne spots somewhat!
- Nice mild inoffensive fragrance.
- Not expensive.
The cons of Bio Oil Skincare Specialist Oil:
- Might be heavy for oilies like me in summer
Price: Rs.450 for 60ml
VNA Rating: 4.7/5
Do I recommend? Bio-oil is a very renowned product worldwide and I finally know for sure after trying that it works! It is mainly used for stretch mark prevention and treatment though, and since I have none I cannot comment on that (my bhabhi used this during her pregnancy and adores it) but it worked to make my face radiant, plump and faded my dark circles a lot. Definitely I will continue to repurchase.
- Botox Injections in India
- Organic Harvest Age Reversal Cream
- How to Make Pore Minimizing Face Mask
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
- Foot Creams for Dry Cracked Heels
- Glowing Skin Homemade Face Mask
- Cold Creams and Moisturizers for Face
- Best Patanjali Products for Skin and Hair
- Body Lotions for Dry Skin
- MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage