L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Lincoln Rose Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
I don’t mind saying that I mostly don’t get along well with l’oreal lipsticks. The shades aren’t anything stand-out and though I like their creamy texture I would never in my senses shell out 800+ Rs for a so-called drugstore brand! I would much rather pay a few bucks more and get my patent MAC! And no wonder I had only 1 single loreal lipstick in my stash till now. The one in focus in today’s review and swatches is the second lucky L’Oreal Color Riche lipstick I bought from the Moist Matte Range in shade Lincoln Rose which Aishwarya Rai is said to have worn to Cannes 2014 (but make no mistake. I got it on sale for Rs.719) Was it worth it? Read on.
L’Oreal Claims: AN ULTRA-MOISTURISING LIP COLOUR WITH A VELVET MATTE FINISH. A lipstick that delivers intense moisture while providing a velvet matte finish. Colour Riche Moisture Matte’s unique formula contains jojoba oil for unrivaled moisture and comfort along with matte gel technology to create an intense matte look.
This particular moist matte range of lipsticks from loreal come in an uber-sexy packaging with a glossy rose-gold click-shut sexy tube in a mirrored finish and a color-indicator tab to distinguish if you have multiple shades. In love! But alllllllll the testers I had seen in every damn shop had allllllll their bullets broken cleanly from the base so that indicates towards both their packaging and texture I guess.
The texture is yumm..just what they claim..a moist velvety yet sophisticated matte finish which is so very soft to apply on lips and goes on evenly even without lip balm underneath. Yes I know my MAC mattes are dry! These are more like satin finishes from MAC
The shade Lincoln Rose is sigh omg so very sexy! A very pink based red which can spell no bad omen for any complexion and is the ultimate quick fix for any time of the day without any other makeup! See my sleepy fotds! It just changes you from drab to glam like that! The pigmentation is amazing! Just 1 light feathery stroke and you are done. Full impact color.
The lipstick does not emphasize dry patches/fine lines of lips and instead gives a hawt pout.
It wears very well and even better if blotted! On me in this humid horrible weather it lasts through 6 + hours very well without feathering or bleeding and till the evening if I blot and put it on!
Swatches in natural light
My lip swatches with it
My crazy fotd- I had just woken up when I got a mad urge to put this on and parade all around the house much to the alarm of my mother and maid! Ahh my mood swings! So as you can see I have crazy dark circles, sleepy eyes and nothing else on my face.
How the lipsticks looks on me
The pros of L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Lincoln Rose:
- Super sexy awesome rose-gold tube with a color-indicating button
- The texture is lovely velvety soft yet polished matte which both feels and looks hot!
- The shade is omgg so very hot- a lovely pinky bright red which screams hotness and class on simply everybody!
- The pigmentation is mind-blowing- requiring one light stroke!
- It does well in the lasting department as well, well beyond 6+ hours!
- Does not dry out lips or accentuate dryness
The cons of L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Lincoln Rose:
- Need I say it. Priceeeeeee..899! Are you kidding me!
- I have had bad reports of it melting and breaking everywhere which is preposterous after you pay almost 1k for it
Price: Rs.899 (kill me now)
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
Do I recommend? Err..for a drugstore lipstick at a murderous price and easy breakage L’Oreal Moist Matte Lipstick Lincoln Rose is really not worth it but for the lovely velvet classy texture, mind blowing pigmentation,and a bright pink based sexy red which is sure to make heads turn you can pick this up for sure, more so if on discount. I am in love with its every aspect right now and it is my most favorite red after mac viva glam 1!
PS- a certain aunty wearing this on a certain red carpet has nothing to do with my choice ;) #justsaying
- Lakme Absolute White Intense Concealer Stick Review
- Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick Pink Flamingo Review
- MAC Velvet Teddy Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme Absolute Color Illusion Pearl Eye Shadows Reviews
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm Mega Melon Review
- MAC By Request Glam Lipstick Review