Last week I asked you to create a quick 5min easy eye makeup look for me and well……the winners for Week 1 of the Elle 18 makeup contest are out. I’ve picked two of my favourite entries but I’m still showing you all the vaild entries I got.
Entry 2: Pooja Nayak
List of products used are as follows:
Entry 3: Greeshu Iyyany
Entry 4: Niha
This is not my own pic, my aunt volunteered to be my model for this contest and her pics are being used with her permission. My inspiration for this look is the cheerful and colourful festive season this month,where we are showered with so many festivals and occassions every other day and it gets boring to deck up loads of makeup everyday…so here is an eye-catching yet simple makeup that can be done in 5mins and worn to suit the cheerful festive atmosphere.
Steps and products used:
1) Dab a flawless concealer like..pixi flawless vitamin concealer (medium) on blemishes and under eye and blend well.
2) Apply a lightweight glowy long wear foundation like..too faced illuminating wand foundation (new york lights)
3) Quickly brush a good compact all over face to set your makeup n keep away oil ..i used avon ideal shade oil control pressed powder(medium)
4) Use a gold eyeshadow all over lids (i used VOV color song mono eyeshadow in gold shade) create a subtle v-shape with a dark brown shadow on the outer corners of eyelids and on the crease,blend well with blending brush
5) Line upper lid just above lashline with a good black kohl like revlon colorstay one stroke eye pencil..and smudge it with a smudger brush to create smokey effect
5) Define lashes with one coat of a good black mascara..like oriflame 2FX mascara
6) Use a classic nude shade on lips like NYX frappuchino..n you’re done!! :)
Entry 5: Poonam Jain
Entry 6: Bidisha
1. Lakme Strawberry Face Wash to clean my face.
2. Lotus Herbals Sunscreen Lotion to protect my skin from sun-rays.
3. A compact powder
4. Lakme eyeconic kajal to my eyes.
5. A waterproof mascara to my eyes.
6. Elle Perfect pink Lipstick to my lips.
Entry 7: Arshita Dhara
My Retro Inspired 5 Minute Look:
I am a big retro fan, we all are. So, to get ready in the morning is a big deal for me especially when i am in hurry! Recently I found my best friend and that is my Lakme CC Cream, it gives me a decent coverage and within one minute, I get clear and even toned face. Next, I apply my compact power to set the cream. For my eyes I have only applied eye liner as cat eye and then kajal and mascara. As retro inspired look, a bright matte lipstick is one vital part. Thus finally my Maybelline Colorsensational Bold Matte Mat5 helps me complete this look.
Entry 8: Surbhi Agarwal
Time Required: 5 mins
1- Start with Lakme CC cream
2- Starting with a clean face, apply CC Cream to face and neck
3- Blend it by patting in. Now your face is set with help of perfect stylist which combines the goodness of your daily skin cream with just the right touch of makeup.
5- Use LAKME Eye Shadow Quartet Botanics
6- Apply a base shade on the lid of the eye.
7- Apply a darker contouring shadow in the crease.
8- Blend it well n give ur lashes a touch of mascara.
9- Clean off the extra and shape it nicely.
10- Define your Eyes with Lakme Eyeconic. Use it on upper lashline to give your eyes a true identity.
11- Apply Lakme Eyeconic Kajal near to waterline of the eyes and it surely give that desired look one want.
12- Apply lakme free spirit lipcolor shade m516 by sabyasachi on your lips.
13- Shape your lips nicely with the help of lipbrush and fill the shade in it :)
14- Apply the lips color and get that pretty pouts which will give you a perfect indian look.
15- Style your hairs by simply combing them and placing a back clutch while accessorizing a maangtika.
16- Complete the Style with your smile to get the best of this look :)A quick process to create the impact which will last long.
Entry 9: Poonam Jain
The eye makeup looks incomplete without winged eye liner and to double up the fun I added another wing along the lower lash line with a bit of pink in between
For lips, I opted for a Fuchsia Pink long-lasting lip stain from Revlon, the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Smitten. These Revlon lip Stains not only last whole day but gives a plumped look to my lips.
And the winners are:
1: Anjali Mahajan
Congratulations girls! You both created such easy looks while sticking to the “everyday” theme. Shoot me a mail right now with all your details. A gift himper by Elle 18 is on its way! For the others, you still have 4 days to send me your look. Read here for more details.