By contributor: Shruti Gupta
Argh! I got really pissed off while getting these swatches. I went to the local shop in my area to get a lip balm and some nail paints and I spotted these beauties. I asked the salesgirl if I could swatch these lip glosses and click some photos and she was so nice to me. When I started clicking the swatches, some random uncle struck his nose in my business and started talking very rudely about how I should’ve taken the permission from the owner, how could the staff allow me to click photos..blah blah blah. Uncle you are such a bitch *curses*. Still I managed to get the swatches *proud* yaayyy!
Product description of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipgloss:
- Lavish lips with a molten hot glaze.
- More vibrant color from pure liquid pigments.
- Cleaner shine from our 100% wax-free gloss.
- Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.
There are 12 shades in this range but I think only 8 are available here. Let me know if I am wrong. I like the packaging of this product. The gloss comes in a squared plastic tube with a silver cap. It looks sturdy and classy.
(Editor: There are only 8 launched in India)
Row 1 L-R: One shine day, Plum luster
Row 2 L-R: Gleaming grenadine, Mirrored mauve, Glisten up pink
Row 3 L-R: Electric shock, Captivating coral, Raspberry reflection
Shades in the Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lipglosses range:
- One shine day– a pretty pink color with coral undertones. It has shimmer which is not OTT.
- Plum luster– it is a subtle plum shade with shimmer.
- Gleaming grenadine– it is a bright red gloss with a hint of pink in it. For me it was the prettiest color.
- Mirrored mauve– a soft mauve shade perfect for everyday wear.
- Glisten up pink– a frosty light pink gloss with silver shimmer.
- Electric shock– it is a cool, blue based pink.
- Captivating coral– it is a bright and vibrant orange color but not as pigmented as it looks on the website.
- Raspberry reflections– in the tube it looked fuchsia but actually it’s a mixture of fuchsia and pink.
Price: Rs. 350
Editor: Wait for a full review and FOTD of one of these glosses. Drafting it right now!