10 Best Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free Shampoos in India
By Contributor: Ruchi
Do you know what SLS means? Its Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. This is most commonly found in shampoos, shower gel, toothpaste, soaps, etc. These chemicals can damage the skin and hair while cleansing as cleansing is done by corrosion and thus the natural oils and moisture of hair scalp is lost, if used regularly. Those with sensitive skin should look out for SLS free products. Actually everyone should go “No Poo” when it comes to shampoos. The silicones, sulfates, parabens, etc harm your hair and your dry and damaged might just be a result of using a SLS shampoo. Become an aware customer and start reading the ingredients list everytime you buy one. So here is my list of the 10 SLS free shampoos available in India according to me.
1. Kerastase Chroma Captive Shampoo
This shampoo is easily available online. Suitable for color treated hair, this shampoo improves the longevity of hair by preserving hair color depth and shine. It features Linseed oil, Vitamin E and UV filters which protect against aggressors that can lead to premature color fading. Price: Rs. 1500 for 250ml.
2. The Body shop Banana Shampoo The Body shop offers some awesome products without harmful chemicals and this is one of them. This has natural ingredients including banana extracts, it is SLES and paraben free too. Best used for fine and limp hair as it gives bounce and volume to hair. Price: Rs. 495 for 250ml.
3. Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo
This treats hair fall due to dryness as the Macadamia oil in it nourishes and hydrates the scalp and lessens the breakage of hair. This shampoo is best suited for dry, thin and colored hair. Try this one shampoo with Macadamia oil and get beautiful moisturized locks. Price: Rs. 625
4. L’Occitane Aromachologie Radiance and Color Care Shampoo
L’Occitane products are often great quality. Although a bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. This is best for color treated hair, its five essential oils -germanium, palmarosa, bergamot, rosemary and cedar as well as grape seed extract enhances radiance and help keep color for longer time. Price: Rs. 1450 for 250ml.
5. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather shampoo
This one is best for dry and damaged hair. This is a sulfate free shampoo enriched with keratin proteins. Keratin proteins repairs and rebuild damaged hair tips. It hydrates and moisturizes hair and also suits color treated hairs. Price: Rs. 1440
6. Oriflame White Nettle & Papaya Anti- Dandruff Shampoo I have used this for a long time and believe me its the best shampoo for dandruff. It is a light and gentle shampoo which contains goodness of white nettle and papaya. Presence of vitamin c, an antioxidant makes hair soft. It treats itchy scalp, fights dandruff and left my hair soft and supple. Price: Rs. 89 for 100ml
7. Himalaya Herbals Anti- Hair fall Shampoo This is best for hair fall problem, is free from paraben and SLES, silicon. It is safe for colored hair, reduces hair fall, breakage and nourishes root and hair to provide them strength. One of the most easily available and in budget shampoo in the Indian market. Price: Rs. 130 for 200ml
8. Johnson’s & Johnson’s Baby Shampoo I am currently using it and liking it a lot, this is so gentle that you can use it every day without leaving hair dry. Best for oily hair as oily hair needs proper cleansing everyday. This is a clinically proven, SLS free, alcohol free gentle shampoo as it is for babies. And if babies can use it than so can us! Price: Rs. 240
9. Khadi Herbal Shikakai Shampoo
Natural ingredients like shikakai, amla, tulsi, mehendi, lemon , trifala and rare herbals found are in it. Its herbal which conditions, detoxify scalp and fights dandruff while leaving hair soft and supple. And it is very affordable too. INR 85 for 210 ml.
10. Vaadi Herbals Anti Dandruff Shampoo
This is again the best herbal and chemical free shampoo in the market. It has natural ingredients like lemon extracts and tea tree oil. Lemon extracts helps in fighting dandruff and tea tree oil helps in fighting oil and acnes on scalp. Price: Rs. 45 for 100ml.
So this was my list of the best SLS and paraben free shampoos in India.
Editor: My personal recommendations are TBS Rainforest Shine Shampoo and Himalaya Protein Shampoo. The TBS one doesn’t lather much which is good because it only re-inforces by belief in it. SLS is used to give you a rich lathery experience so don’t fall prey to it! I switch to Himalaya when I’m broke! If you need reviews on either of them then let me know.
- 10 Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin
- 10 Best Body Exfoliating Scrubs in India
- 10 Best Face Primers for Oily Skin
- TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti Dotes Shampoo
- The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil Review
- The Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Coloured Hair